Thursday, September 4, 2008

first day

Overall, it was a wonderful day. I have a great group of students who are already showing eagerness to learn and excitement for 3rd grade. Their eagerness and excitement began to dwindle as the day wore on. Normally, I may take this rather personally...however I realize it was the near 95 degree temperature in the room that brought about the droopy eyes and sleepy heads. Tomorrow is looking to be more unbearable, although I think the ice pops I bought tonight may help :)

About 20 minutes after the students had arrived and were hard at work one of the boys called me over and told me in a soft voice, "Mrs. George, Thank you for our morning work. Thank you for being so nice. And, you are beautiful."

About 2 hours into the morning, after we had practiced our fire drill line up I gave my students about 5 minutes to go play on the playground. One of my girls ran up to me with her arms held out wide, looked right at me and proclaimed, "Has anyone ever told you that you are the greatest teacher EVER?"

Well...how can I not be excited for what this year has in store? I pray that God can use me to change the lives of each student whom he has entrusted to my care. Please pray along with me this year as I will undoubtedly face great challenges and even greater successes.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Glad you had a good first day with your kids. I am sure that it was such a huge difference from last year!

Anonymous said...

How many kids do you have this year? Glad you had a good first day.

Barb

Matt and Megan said...

I'm at 18 right now. It's a great, manageable number...really hoping it doesn't change much.

Beth Trieber said...

YEAH for a good start to a new year! :) Isn't it just the best when your students think "your cool"?!?