Tuesday, September 2, 2008

my classroom

I spent last week in my classroom preparing for the year ahead. Between last year being my first and the year's rocky start I never really felt good about the set-up of it all. This year I love it! Thought I'd share some pictures of where I spend a lot of my time...

This is the area to the right when you walk in the door. It is my writing center/sign in table/small reading carpet. I think this corner is my favorite space in the room :)


This is just a better view of my sign in table. I especially like my $2 fake plant :) There's another one by my desk.


This is the carpet area, straight ahead as you walk in the door. This is probably my 2nd favorite place in the classroom. Notice a trend? I enjoy the comfy reading areas :)


This is my desk area...I've still got some work to do here. But you get the idea. I have a window view :) Can you find the other $2 plant?


I have one more day of preparation before the kiddos come Thursday :)

6 comments:

Ashley said...

so cute! your hard work is so obvious. hope the first day goes well!

Amy said...

cute,cute. I also love the pillow reading areas. Call me later this week I wanna hear about the first day

Heidi said...

Very nice set-up. What I would do with a big room like that!! :) I especially like that book you have on your board. It brings back many memories of Naomi's class!! :) Hope you have a great first day!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Hope the brackets hold on that TV! That's right over your head! (yeah, sorry, that's what stuck out to me...) I think your room looks very nice though :) You'll have to be sure to blog about your first day!
-Andrea (blogging from work so I'm not signing in...) Shhh...don't tell my boss! ha ha ha!

Becky said...

Cute! I love the Fall theme on the board. :) It looks and sounds like it will be a fun year!

Anonymous said...

Your classroom looks great!! Don't you just love that fresh, everything is new feeling?? And then the kids come and mess it all up!

Barb