Wednesday, June 18, 2008

our life in pictures

With the end of baseball season, Matt's graduation and the end of the school year I'm not sure where time has gone. I figured a collection of pictures would be the best way to update...enjoy :)

Matt's done! He graduated!



Matt's graduation present:
Well, his present is the grill...but somehow I got a patio set out of the deal too :) We've since had to move our grill to the front porch. CrAzY Rochester winds!


June provided opportunity for yet another girls' weekend. With Beth heading off to South Korea and Karen getting married in October it was a necessary get together. We were able to pull off a surprise bridal shower for Karen. We're so excited for her! We also enjoyed the precious time of worshiping together at church.

This week we received news that my grandma had been admitted to the hospital. They discovered a tumor and an enlarged aorta. Matt and I went to visit over the weekend and I was so blessed to have the chance to pray with her and share my faith.
She went into surgery on Tuesday evening with a predicted 5% survival. As a friend of mine said "someone must have forgotten to tell God about that 5%." God had other plans and brought her through the surgery successfully. She is still in ICU under close watch.

I think that's enough for picture updates for now. Only 7 more days of school!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Nice pictures! (Keep them coming!)Who is that girl in the 2nd one anyway? ;) I'm happy to hear the good report on your Grandma too.
Sooo excited for our trip!

Anonymous said...

What a wise friend!

And the winds that blow across that field against the west side of the house are some of the strongest I've ever seen. There was one day there when I was seriously looking for shelter.