Thursday, January 24, 2008

the "s-h" cuss word

Yesterday when I picked my students up from library the librarian told me she needed to talk with my after school:

During library one of my boys went to the librarian and exclaimed that another boy had said the "s-h" cuss word. She was caught slightly off guard and asked him specifically what had been said. The "tattling student" happens to be brutally honest (sometimes to his own detriment) and whispered to the librarian "shut-up."

HA HA...one thing I love about teaching 3rd graders is their innocence.

I know it's been awhile since my last blog. I've been busy getting back into the swing of the new quarter at school. My class has taken a complete 180 turn since the difficult student was removed. My students are respectful, funny and smart! I love my job! Not too many people are fortunate enough to say that, but I really do love it! Of course, there are still frustrating and stressful times, but I am truly blessed by the 18 students God has placed in my care.

This past week I found myself on an organization fix. I've been rearranging and organizing my classroom and finally feel like it is an inviting and comfortable space for learning and fun. I'll be posting some pictures of my classroom soon :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved that story! Did you know "stupid" is also a cuss word? That's the s-word. They are so innocent. Wouldn't it be nice if they could go on not knowing the real cuss words?

I'm glad your class is so much better. One kid can make such a difference. The year of my "most exceptional" student I had 27 1st. graders. It was NOT fun.

Amy said...

I am so glad life in your classroom has improved, you deserve to have a wonderful class full of wonderful students

Andrea said...

YAY! I didn't realize he was gone! So now you probably don't have any aides in there either? What's it feel like to be a teacher to a whole class now?

Matt and Megan said...

It is AMAZING to have my room all to myself. They're adding a new girl tomorrow, but it sounds like she'll be a good addition.