Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year's resolutions

Normally I don't put much stock in New Year's resolutions. However, after such a tragic and eventful Christmas season I have had something weighing heavily on my heart. Within the last week I have received news of 4 tragic events in the lives of people very close to me. News of each event has brought deeper sorrow and heartache as I realize the pain those close to me are going through.

The thing weighing heavily on my heart is that I am not always the best at keeping in consistent contact with those close to me. I find that in this time of facebook and instant message it is so easy to feel connected without actually being connected.

To my dear friends and family, I love you all and thank God for you daily.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

4 events? which are the other 2?

Andrea said...

like the look of the new page...but i noticed your profile says you're an accountant in afganistan!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the hardships you are going through! One of my goals for this year is the exact same thing - to do a better job of staying in touch with my family and friends!

Amy said...

I will allow you to keep your new years resolution by hanging out with me SOON! miss you