Monday, March 10, 2008

Beach and Baseball

Last week I had the pleasure of traveling to Myrtle Beach with Matt's parents for two things:

The Beach

and Baseball
I left last Friday right after school, planning to meet Matt's parents in Pennsylvania for the trip. About half-way to PA I started driving straight into a snow storm. From Cortland to Binghamton wasn't too bad...it was when I crossed the state line into PA that I started to think that they don't even own snow plows. I couldn't see in front of me, couldn't tell where the lines were on the road and couldn't get around the crazy drivers choosing to navigate the "middle" lane at 15 miles per hour. I finally met up with Matt's parents, had dinner then we decided to drive through the night (it was already 7:30pm). We were eager to get out of the winter weather! We arrived in Myrtle Beach at 9:30 Saturday morning. Although glad we were there, we weren't quite sure what to do to fill our time till we could get into our condo at 3:00. Well, we resorted back to our reason for being there...we went to the BEACH :)

Each day included a walk on the beach followed by an afternoon of watching the RIT tigers on the field.

It was an amazing week! It was such a blessing to spend quality time with my in-laws. We made tons of great memories (and collected just as many seashells :)


Matt was able to sneak away from the team to spend some time with us.

All week we'd driven past immaculate mini golf courses (there were huge regular golf courses too...but none of us are avid golfers). We knew we had to go before we left. We had a few hours Tuesday morning before Matt had to be at practice so we ventured out to find just the right course. The one we picked was Peter Pan themed...and way better than any mini golf course I'd ever been too.

I'm not really sure who won...for some reason I can't seem to recall that memory :)

Baseball season is in full swing after this week. Matt is supposed to play next weekend in PA, but with this crazy Northeast weather I'm not sure the fields will be ready. I'm not-so-secretly hoping the games will be canceled so he'll be home for his birthday this Saturday.

0 comments: